Comparative Physiology @ Guelph
Preparation of Poly/Bed 812 Resin
25mL Poly/Bed 812
4 x 10mL syringes
1 x 5mL syringe
- Add Poly/Bed 812, DDSA, and NMA to urine container, each with a different 10mL syringe, while stirring in the fume hood.
- Add BMDA with the 5mL syringe, pushing the plunger rapidly to ensure that all contents are released into the mix.
- Label and store in -20°C freezer for up to 2 months, or at 4°C for 2 weeks.
- Polymerize in 60°C oven for 24 hours.
- Let cool to room temperature before cutting with ultramicrotome.